Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Home Beautiful Magazine Feature

Australian Home Beautiful magazine did a feature on my home back in October '06

It was very exciting to see it come out on the news stands and certainly a boost in my career for Interior Styling. Thanks Home Beautiful!




A few things have changed in the last couple of years. I will post some new photos in the near future. The paint on my loungeroom walls are Porters Duchess Satin in Oyster. I still love the colour. It reflects alot of light into a room with no windows. My kitchen doesn't usually look this uncluttered.


This is my beautiful princess sitting on my antique Italian Rococco sofa which I bought from a lovely couple who own a series of shops around Australia and UK called French & English, formerly known as The French House.


These are my 3 kids rooms which no longer look like this. I get bored very quickly (chronic stylist syndrome).



15 comments:

Pedaling said...

your home is absolutely breathtaking. i love it!

Anna Spiro said...

I remember this feature! What a beautiful home you created!

Seeb said...

Nice to meet you I like your blog and your style,wish you luck:)
I'll be glad to see you there in my space.

Pikiteniang Swefil said...

Hi,

Nice blog. Just I wish a bigger pictures, so we readers can really see those wonderful pix you have in nearly close up.

TY,
//chie

Check my inspirational design blog too:
http://richiesliv.blogg.se

Melissa Lewis said...

Oh my, your home is like a breath of fresh air. I just love the tone on tone horizontal stripes in your master room!!!!! I am currently repainting my personal home cream, my husband doesn't get it quite yet! I can't wait for the serene feel!

I found you via A-M! I'll definitely be frequenting here regularly!!!

Porchlight Interiors said...

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. Chie - if you click on the pictures they will enlarge so you can get a better look.

la la Lovely said...

Your house is so pretty!!! A-M sent me over and I'll def be back!
Have a great day!

Villa Anna said...

OMG I have this issue and it's one of my favourite features ever!

Just as pedaling said, your home is absolutely breathtaking.

The aqua and oyster walls are a perfect choice and your stunning aubusson rug had me sighing out loud.

Anna :)

The House That A-M Built said...

Oh it's just gorgeous. I remember drooling over it in the magazine when it came out! You have such similar taste to me.. and I love the 'chronic stylist syndrome'!.... I could live with that infliction very easily! A-M xx

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Gorgeous home you have! Wish I had the magazine to study it close up!

happy day!

Melissa

cathypentonatelier said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Is all I can say....Just so beautiful, all you Brisbane girls are just so classy....
Take care
Cathy

Danielle said...

Found you via A-M. I must say that your home is absolutely gorgeous and I love your style. Adding you to my favourites.

Brown Button Trading said...

Hi! - i REMEMBER your house - so gorgeous - can't wait to see the updated photos. I especially remember your kitchen.
Thanks for dropping by my blog - I'll definitely be back. And I agree- you Queenslanders have the most awesome style! (my mum is a Queenslander, sadly she didn't get the style gene and my bedroom certainly didn't look like the ones belonging to your children when I was young!) x

Unknown said...

How cute! I love your dining room! What an awesome opportunity to have your home in the magazine- How did that come about? Daisy~

Sharnel said...

Oh i remember this issue too. Your home is just gorgeous!