Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Classic Black and White


I'm just loving black and white lately and after coming across John Jacob Zwiegelaar's home over at Alkemie, I just fell in love with it. It is rare that you find a room that you wouldn't change a thing about it, but that's how I feel about this room - its simply stunning.
This is the kitchen from the same house. I love the touch of green with the apples and floral displays.

via Better Homes and Gardens

While I'm going on about black and white, I couldn't leave out this gorgeous outdoor area from
BHG. I love black and white awnings - they can turn a really boring house into something special without a huge expense.

Sherryll Jackman Interiors via Alkemie

Again, Black and White striped outdoor cushions against an all white background look absolutely outstanding. I also love the outdoor fireplace - looks very inviting right now with our cold snap.

10 comments:

LIBERTY POST EDITOR said...

I love B&W interiors. I even like it when the white ages to a creamy patina. Gold, brass accents. White ceramic accessories. This post is so chic.

cotedetexas said...

love those pictures - especially the awning in the back yard.

thanks for your comment!
Joni

Alkemie said...

THanks for the shout out! I totally fell in love with his house too!! Simply amazing that he managed to do an entire house in black and white :)

Millie said...

Positively gorgeous! Photos 1 & 2 are particularly inspirational, a great post. Can't stop looking at them!!
Millie ^_^

Diane said...

Beautiful blog -- look forward to seeing more.

The House That A-M Built said...

I am determined to have a black and white thing happening in my new digs.... a black and white awning perhaps? Gorgeous images. A-M xx

Ness Lockyer said...

I love your blog...simply stunning. These photos are delightful. Very Chic.

Brown Button Trading said...

such a stunning selections of photos!! - i'm thinking black and white flooring when i eventually redo my kitchen and this post has confirmed it - thank you!

Unknown said...

This place is gorgeous! Black and white- always a classic! Daisy~

Maureen Stevens said...

gorgeous pics! i'm going to borrow the picture of the awning for my next blog...glad I found you:)